Castle Thompson

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I went to visit Dr Criswell today to have 2 cavities filled and a wisdom tooth pulled.
I was terrified.
Last week when I went to have my check up and cleaning done I actually cried. Yeah- I'm a wimp. The nerve jangling scraping, probing and poking is just too much for me. The poor assistant went to "check on my x-rays" so I could relax. It was that bad.

So today I was so nervous. I didn't eat all day---my nerves were shot and it was showing in my body--the details aren't important and you don't wanna know.

I go in--he checks things out, and shoots me full of novicaine. Then he leaves me with the nurse (what are the nice girls at the dentist? Nurses? Dentistettes?) and a People magazine for it to kick in.
When he came back I was just as nervous as before, but know that it's about to happen...I want to RUN.
He starts tapping and poking and proding---I am numb- thankfully. But I know that it's only a bit of drilling before he hits my nerve and I'm over the edge. I start spelling the Lord's Prayer. Yeah---spelling. It's easier to distract yourself when you have to keep track of which letter you're on...the words weren't enough.
Anyway (I'm still loopy on endorphins---you'll have to follow me) Dr Criswell starts in on my "surface cavity" and it just won't end. He tells me I have to have a root canal or pull it. I decide on the root canal. So he's drilling, and I'm spelling---and he says "Huh...that's weird" My tooth was fine...a deep cavity, but there was a floor (I dunno) and it turned out that I didn't need the root canal after all. Power of prayer...even if it's spelled. Thanks God.
So he filled my fillings (It's like I'm drunk here)

pulled the wisdom tooth (easy---like childbirth--and no that's not sarcasm--it was easy) and I walked out smiling.

He's a Ninja.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home